Sometimes we are so caught up in our day to day lives that we pump ourselves full of caffeine, we grab that fast food and de-stress with junk food and drinks. Let this Epsom Salt Detox Bath detox and relax you
- Flushes Toxins
- Reduces Stress
- Improves Sleep
- Relieves Sore Muscules
- Helps Heal Skin RAshes
- Relievs Headaches
- Helps Treat Cold, Flu and Other Sickneses
How To Take A Detox Bath:
1. Draw a bath with hot water- as hot as you can handle!
2. Add 2 cups epsom salt and stir around (this is great for hypertension, balancing the magnesium level in your body. Toxins are flushed and it helps form proteins)
3. Add 1 cup baking soda (known for its cleansing abilities and anti-fungal properties. This also makes your skin soft!)
4. Add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (this helps your body become more alkaline. Too much sugar, caffeine, alcohol, or processed foods leave your body acidic. ACV will balance this.)
4. 1 Tablespoon ground ginger (this raises your body’s temperature so you may want to start with less and add more if needed)
5. Add essential oils depending on what you want to focus on (eucalyptus for aches, lavender for relaxation, tea tree for colds, or mix and match!)
6. Sit in bath for at least 20 mins (NOTE: if you feel lightheaded, get out, slowly.) I like to sit in the bath until the water is cool
7. Make sure to have water with you and to continue drinking while you bathe. This bath can make you sweat profusely and it is necessary to stay hydrated. I like to keep an entire pitcher of water next to me and a large cup full of ice.
-have a washcloth nearby to pat face dry
-to really set the relaxation mood, turn out the lights and light some yummy smelling candles
-If you are like me and want to get the full benefits, I stay in the entire time the bath remains warm. I like to set up my computer in the bathroom and watch old 80s movies, this helps the time pass.
-Make sure to shower after the bath, you definitely will be clean on the inside, but will have to wash off your outside!
-I like to try and take this bath once a week, trust me, it is worth the time and effort.
-Make sure someone knows you’re taking this bath, as sitting in too hot of water can be a health hazard. If pregnant, consult your doctor first.