We always hear that we need to drink at least eight glasses of water a day for optimal health, but how often do you hear yourself saying, “I need to drink more water, but plain water is just so boring!”
The easiest method I’ve found to make plain water taste better is by infusing it with fruits.
Fruits are an important part of a healthy diet as well so by creating fruit infused water you can get the best of both worlds!
Fruit infused water can also soothe, relax, and energize you. It can help with digestion, metabolism and weight loss with the addition of herbs, spices, and even essential oils!
Below are seven fruit infused water recipes:
How to Make Detox Water
For every detox water recipe below, the preparation steps are pretty much the same:
Drop ingredients in the bottom of a pitcher or fruit infuser bottle.
Cover with ice about 1/2 way through then fill to top with water. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
You can refill the container 2-3 times before it begins to lose flavor.
1. Slim Down Detox Water Ingredients:
- ½ gallon purified water
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ lime, sliced
- ½ grapefruit, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
2. Blueberry and Orange Detox Water Ingredients:
- 2 Mandarin Oranges, cut into wedges
- Handful of blueberries
3. Watermelon and Strawberry Mint Detox Water Ingredients:
- 2 cups watermelon in /2 inch cubes, lightly mashed
- 1/2 pint strawberries, sliced in half
- 6 sprigs mint (lightly crushed)
4. Metabolism Boosting Mango Ginger Water Ingredients:
- 1 inch Ginger Root, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Frozen Mango- fresh is fine too
5.Raspberry Orange Detox Water Ingredients:
- 1 thinly sliced orange
- 1 pint raspberries (lightly crushed)
6. Lemon Berry Detox Water Ingredients
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lemon, sliced
7. Strawberry, Mint, and Lemon Detox Drink Ingredients:
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 15 strawberries quartered
- 5 mint leaves
I hope you all enjoy these recipes like I have! Please comment below if you’ve tried any of these and feel free to post your favorite detox water recipes below!