If I were to tell you that I don’t get into funks, would you believe me? I’m sure you wouldn’t. I mean, let’s face it, we all can have bad days.
We all have those days where everything seems to go wrong. Where all we want to do is give ourselves a pity party, eat ice cream and hide under the covers. While it sounds like a good idea at the time, it can actually be quite counterproductive.
In our funky mood, we buy into the negative emotions surrounding it. When we buy into those negative emotions, we are opening ourselves up for more unpleasant experiences to come our way. Maybe this is where the expression “when it rains, it pours” comes from..
Staying in a that negative state ensures that you will stay in the funk until further notice! Now we don’t want that now do we?
I’ve learned over the years that you can have a bad day and not feel like you have a bad life. It’s OK to visit negative town but you must not stay there!
Here is a list of self care ideas that help me get out of my funk, I hope it helps you too!
Feel free to add your own self care tips in the comment section below!
We can all help each other, that’s for sure!!
25 Self Care Ideas To Get You Out of a Funk
1. Take a bubble bath
2. Do something nice for another person
3. Read a good book (here’s my favorite)
5. Have a solo dance party to your favorite upbeat music
7. Call a friend
8. List 10 things you’re grateful for
9. Play with a pet
10. Try a guided meditation
11. Take a cat nap
13. Stargaze outside
14. Take three deep breaths
15. Unfollow negative people on social media
16. Unplug from technology for an hour
17.Do a legs up the wall yoga pose (you just lie down on the floor next to the wall and put your legs up vertically on the wall)
18. Draw, Paint- Crafts
19. Watch a funny movie or TV show
20. Wear your pajamas all day
21. Say positive affirmations
22. Get dressed up for no reason 😃
23. Take a hike, get in nature
24. Declutter three things from your home
25. Have an in home spa night